Thursday 24 November 2011

Horizon

Working within supplied design guidelines I have to design and introductory section and cover to complete my zine.


Here is on of those less unsuccessful thumbnails that I decided t take further and produce a digital version of it.

Here I tried to manipulate with heading 'Hello and Welcome'
The idea was to position the ampersand behind 'welcome' in a way so that the top curve would align with 'hello' and the curve would replace 'O'. However when I started to do that in In-design it did not look as good as on the thumbnail. It turned out to be 'hell and welcome'.


 
So I added that poor 'O' but it still didn't look balanced so I decided to put it in an angle so that it matches the angle of that curve and doesn't really stand out of the overall composition.

(cover is still to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment