Wednesday 9 May 2012

Hooray for Carbuncles (finishing)

Taking on board all the feedback and comments on boards I started improving my layouts.
Here are my final improved and developed layouts for first and second double page spread.
Spread no.2

Spread no.1


Then I started to put it up in Indesign. And these are my final outcomes.

Spread no. 1


Tex Gyre Adventor, Didot and Latin Modern Roman typefaces were my choice for my final outcomes.
I used calmer colors so that it doesn't make a viewer sick.
The title "Hooray for Carbuncle" in combined from 2 different typefaces Didot and Tex Gyre Adventor. I wanted to show a bit of contrast and make it more interesting and in some way dynamic. In the green drop-shaped figure in considerably large font under 'carbuncles I put an introduction text aligning it with 'carbuncles' left side.
Main body copy is aligned with the top of the 'H' and was used in Latin Modern Roman font that is available for free from the internet. Then it continues on the second page and the beginning of this is aligned with the text that is under the word 'carbuncles' then it continues and the beginning of the second column of the article is aligned with the start of the article on the first page.
I decided to put the quite in colorful speech-marks and stretch it across 3 columns so that it stands out from the aligned article. 


Spread no. 2

Here I have used same approaches to build this layout as in the first one. I tried to link it as much as I could. The title 'Georgian Architecture' here is positioned exactly in the same place as the title on first layout. Also title 'today's terrace....' is positioned on the same level and matches the height of the 'Georgian architecture' title and then an image of the same height progressing to the edge of the page.

I decided to make 'Georgian architecture' article the main one because it has go the most of the text. Generally it was the hardest one to make compositions with. Word 'architecture' is as long as the introduction copy and words 'an introduction' is the same length as two columns of smaller paragraphs that link to this article. And put the vertical blue line across the page to sort of separate two main article from each other the same approach was used on the second page.

No comments:

Post a Comment