Monday 12 December 2011

Horizon cover

My complete design of 'Horizon' magazine cover...
This siluete of a man on a horse is a statue of Prince Albert located in Wolverhampton and so I thought that it would nicely fit on the cover to represent the city.

My main idea was to use a flat image on the cover, so when I started to manipulate the image I could not get desired effect, it was too flat and boring. Then I thought that I should try to turn the image upside down which made it look not as horse and rider, and I think it worked out quite well. And by adding some bleeding ink effect made it look energetic and interesting.
Also the main heading was meant to rise of the base of the image and the bottom of 'horizon' was sort of fading out but when I printed my first copy out it did not work out whatsoever, maybe that's because of not good enough knowledge of In-design software, so I decided to leave it as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment